The majority of current energy supplies in the world are produced by fuels such as coal, oil and natural gas. Traditional energy sources face a number of challenges, including rising prices, security concerns of dependence on imports from a limited number of countries that have fuel, growing environmental concerns about climate change risks associated with By generating fossil fuel energy, and because of these and other challenges facing traditional energy sources, governments, businesses and consumers are increasingly supporting the development of alternative energy sources and new technologies for generating electricity.
Renewable energy sources such as solar, biomass, geothermal, hydroelectric and wind power have emerged as potential alternatives to addressing some of these concerns. In contrast to fossil fuels, which rely on limited resources that may eventually become too expensive to recover, renewable sources are generally limited in availability.
Solar power generation has emerged as one of the fastest growing sources of renewable energy. Solar power generation has many advantages:
- Low dependence on fossil fuels, solar energy production does not require fossil fuels, and is therefore less dependent on this limited and costly natural resource, relying on a natural source that is constantly available.
- Environmental benefits solar energy production generates electricity with limited impact on the environment as compared to other forms of electricity production.
- The solar power plant can be installed at the client’s site, which reduces the cost of constructing a space for the installation of the solar plant.
- Government incentives.
An increasing number of countries have developed incentive programs to develop solar and other renewable energy sources, such as:
- Net measurement laws that allow end users in the network to sell electricity back to the network at retail prices.
- End-user support to offset the cost of PV equipment and installation charges.
- Low-interest loans to finance solar energy systems and tax incentives.
- Government standards that provide for minimum levels of use of renewable energy sources.
Despite the cost, however, the advantage of photovoltaic systems is that they can be used in remote areas. Wherever the diesel generator is based, independent photovoltaic systems produce power independent of the utility grid; stand-alone photovoltaic systems can be more cost-effective than extending power lines. They are particularly suitable for environmentally sensitive remote areas, such as national parks and remote homes.
The solar market has seen significant growth in the last decade. According to the solar site, the global solar market, measured through annual solar facilities, rose from 427 MW in 2002 to 1744 MW in 2006, representing a compound annual growth rate of 42.2%, while growing the solar sector’s revenue is about US $ 10.6 billion in 2006. Despite rapid growth, solar energy accounts for only a fraction of the world’s energy production, and may therefore have significant growth potential. Solar buzz projects in one of its forecasts that annual solar industry revenues could reach $ 61.5 billion by 2019.
Here are some good reasons to use solar energy to run your home.
- Reduce the cost of electricity bill
The main reason that most families turn the energy source into solar energy is to reduce the electricity bill as solar energy is available free of charge to everyone.
- Renewable energy source
Typical electricity is generated from fossil fuels that will run out someday and solar is a good alternative to replacing fossil fuels as a major energy source because solar energy is renewable.
Global pollution is getting worse. Any effort can reduce pollution to the environment Helps save the earth Solar panels are able to harness the energy of the sun and convert it into electricity without any harm to the environment Solar energy harmless to the environment will be the main energy source for the future – starting today.
- Long life span and little maintenance
Once you have installed the solar system, it can last twenty to thirty years without major maintenance you may need to perform a system check once a year, just to make sure that everything works efficiently.